Port Blair, 5 Jun 2015: Mr. Sudhir Yadav, Director General of Police A & N Islands formally launched the revamped website, today at Police Headquarters, Port Blair in the presence of DIGP and other officers and staff.
The Andaman & Nicobar Police is committed towards providing a safe and secure environment to all its citizens. The department is working hard to ensure that quality policing services are provided to the citizens in a citizen friendly manner. As part of this commitment, A & N police has launched a revamped website: www.police.andaman.gov.in.
While designing this website, the needs and requirements of the public at large were specifically kept in mind. The following services will now be readily available on the A & N Police website:-
- Helpline numbers to contact police in case of any problem /emergency.
- Complaint registration-procedures and avenues.
- Traffic police related services.
- Guidelines for Tourists.
- All FAQ’s about police such as crime related, arms licence, passport etc.
- Services under RTI Act.
- Safety precautions for the citizens.
- Relevant laws.
- Citizen charter.
- Disaster management.
- Foreigners registration rules.
- Immigration related matters.
- Forms download (Employees/Citizens).
Moreover, website also gives details of various procurement related matters in order to ensure complete transparency and probity in the A&N Police procurements.
All details about proclaimed offenders, missing persons, un-identified dead bodies, and wanted criminals as well as crime statistics are readily available on the website for all to see.
Moreover, the recruitment details are also readily available on the website for the benefit of all citizens aspiring to join the A&N Police.
Also, keeping in view the welfare of the A&N Police employees, an employees portal has been set up in which information about various employee related matters like forms related to employees, transfers & postings, deputation, welfare measures, police training and seniority list of quarters, etc. is available online. Similarly, the transfer orders are also now uploaded on the website.
Additionally, the latest press releases as well as other A&N Police related news shall be regularly updated on this website. The schedules of various citizen oriented programmes of Andaman & Nicobar Police for the next month will also be available on the website for the convenience of the public.
The A & N Police has come up with this innovative idea of launching Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/PoliceAndamanNicobar, Twitter (www.Twitter.com/AndamanPolice), You Tube videos and WhatsApp messenger service for the citizens as part of its community policing initiatives. Wherein the citizens can directly and easily interact with the A & N Police for various traffic related complaints, suggestions etc. This messenger service may be used by the general public for sharing of:-
- Suggestions and feedback about police service.
- Specific information about traffic congestion & accidents.
- Traffic violation images with date, time and place of violation alongwith sender’s complete name and address, in order to take legal action against the violator.
- Complaint report, suggest or update the police about any criminal incident in their areas through audio, video clipping or images.
The A & N Police WhatsApp helpline number is 9434289970..
News Link : http://www.andamanchronicle.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6861:self-defence-training-conducted-for-girl-students-at-carnic&catid=37:top-news&Itemid=142