A&N Police welcomes foreigners and domestic tourists to visit these exotic Islands and is dedicated to make the visit a pleasant, safe and memorable experience. You can help us further by following these tips while touring the Islands.
Guidelines for foreigner visiting the Islands
- Keep your valuables and important documents including passport secure in hotel in safe deposit box.
- Never carry large sums of cash in your purse.
- Carry your Credit cards and cash inside jacket pocket.
- Make sure that your luggage is given only to hotel staff when you reach hotel.
- Never leave luggage or other expensive items un-attended at Airport, Sea Port, Stands etc.
- Never put your valuables, jewellery, cash etc. in luggage while boarding a flight.
- Do not travel or visit areas outside permit.
- Do not venture into sea where crocodile warning has been put up.
Some Do's for tourists
- Foreign nationals must obtain the required Permit from Immigration authorities soon after landing.
- Visit only permitted areas in the islands.
- Make use of the service of authorized tourist guides.
- While driving follow the traffic rules. Keep left, Carry legal documents like driving license, permit, passport etc. with you.
- Consult life guards before entering the Sea.
- Swim in safe areas only.
- Keep the beaches and the environment clean.
- Observe decency and decorum in dressing.
- Avail the service of Scuba Dive Instructors having certificate of international professional organizations like PADI, CMAS, NAUI, BSAC or SSI for safe diving experience.
- Call 100 police assistance, or approach the nearest policeman for any help.
Some Don'ts for tourists
- Foreign nationals should not enter the islands without required permit.
- Do not enter into restricted / tribal areas.
- Do not take video, film or photographs inside Tribal Reserve areas or of the indigenous tribes. Do not interact with tribals.
- Do not carry sea fans and seashells unless specific permits are obtained from the Fisheries Department.
- Do not light fire in forest areas.
- Do not stay on the beaches or forest areas during nights, by putting up own tents / hammocks.
- Nudity on beaches and public places is forbidden.
- Do not enter the National Parks without permission.
- Do not swim after consuming liquor.
- Person who commits breach of any of the conditions of the Wildlife protection shall be punishable as per law.