- The Security Unit of A&N Police functions at the Office of the Superintendent of Police (District), South Andaman under the Command of SP(D) SA/Security assisted by DySP (Security) and Inspector (Security).
- The Unit has a total strength of 69 personnel of all ranks.
- The Security Unit provides security to VVIPs/VIPs, high dignitaries including High Court Judges holding Circuit Bench at Port Blair and visiting Supreme Court/High Court Judges from other States during their tours/visits and stay in these Islands.
- This Unit provides security cover to the Hon’ble Lt. Governor, A&N Islands.
- The Security Unit conducts searching and frisking of passengers at Port Blair Helipad.
- It conducts Anti-Sabotage Check and Access Control with security gadgets during the visit of VVIPs and during important functions held at Port Blair and out stations.
- A Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) is operating for detection and disposal of suspicious items (i.e. Bomb, explosive). The squad is available round-the-clock to attend any emergency call about any suspicious items.
|Police Control Room||:||100|
|SP (Security)||:||03192- 233077|
|Dy.SP (Security)||:||03192- 233154, 9434288554|