- The Immigration work at Port Blair is being carried out by the A&N Police.
- The Unit mainly deals with the Immigration of foreign tourists, who visit the A&N Islands.
- It is mandatory that every foreign National must be in possession of a valid Passport and a valid Indian Visa.
- Online Form ‘C’ Module under Immigration Visa Foreigner Registration & Tracking (IVFRT) project has been implemented. Systems have been installed at the Immigration office for receiving Form ‘C’ online. Also, foreigners can also make the online request for VISA extension, Registration and other Immigration work under IVFRT project.
- The unit also deals with the immigration clearance of foreign tourists Vessels and Yacht.
- Small vessels and yachts arriving the Andaman and Nicobar Islands either with or without prior intimation are permitted to anchor in the inner harbour near Chatham.
- Port Management Board report arrival of such vessels to Customs and Immigration Officer.
- Customs clearance and Immigration checks are done respectively. Forms, namely “Particulars of foreigners visiting Port Blair” and “Disembarkation Card” are required to be filled up by the tourists.
- At the time of departure of the vessel, physical checking/boarding of yachts is done for confirmation that no unauthorized person is onboard the yacht.